It was so great to continue relationships with campers that have been there for the past two summers and then came back again! They are just great people! And who doesn't like to play stupid games outside for a week! We had a country western theme and i definitely wore a double gun holster holding two toy cap guns all week!! hahah.....so fun!
We had a great week and God really showed up and worked in many lives! I also got baptized in the pond at camp! I was waiting for a special occasion, and this time presented itself and it was great!
So it was kinda difficult being there without the rest of my old college singing team, but after a good cry the first night it ended up being fine and it was a great week!! ha! And we had a great staff and we all connected really well and just had a great time being together! Here are some fun pictures from the week!
GO GREEN!

Brady, Kurt, and me! They were first-year counselors-in-training! They had been campers for the first couple of summers before this one! they are great! and they were extremely helpful and awesome at camp!
I loved working at the camp's candy store! We gave Adam, here, the tub to eat out of since there were about two scoops left in there anyway:-) haha....basically we didn't wanna scoop it out!
me and brock!!! we were never bored:-) look at the sweet color thing my camera can do!!!!One of the campers showing the aftermath of a paintball shootout!!! haha....

me and kami acting tough...so clayton decided to act...un-tough :)

speed! best card game ever! i've played this awesome game with these guys for three summers!
me and kami!!!!
Well, i could post many more but i think i'll stop at that! It was just a great week and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to go! I am definitely planning on continuing to go back every year that i can!Can't leave out some pics from seeing the family and friends on this trip!
Me and Nick!!! oh brother....getting so big!!

the siblings!
Alright, so a few weeks before camp, I had a mini vacation over memorial day weekend with my old roommates from college! I can't even tell you how good it was so get to spend time together with them! It just feels so normal and so at ease. I miss them so much. I must say that i'm never scared that we will lose contact, though. I know we'll remain close, and that makes it easier. they are my best friends and life would definitely not be as awesome without them. We met up in st. louis because that is where katie and her husband jared now reside. They just bought a house and it is awesome! It was a great weekend! Here are a few pictures!
me and athena
me and katie!
me and jess!
yep, we definitely had lunch under the arch!! fun!
And last but not least, i cannot leave out the fact that my granny and pop came out to arizona to visit before i left for camp! They were in the area for a few weeks and it was so great to get to spend time with them! Here is a pic of us at my apartment!
I talked granny into getting a pedicure with me!!! she loved it! don't our toes look so pretty?!
Sorry this blog was so long but i had lots to catch up on!!! Until later.....

No comments:
Post a Comment