Tuesday, March 24, 2009

YEAH MARCH!


So these past few weeks have been AWESOME! Two of the guys i sang with in college, Cameron and Bryce, were out here in arizona on their spring break with the IWU chorale! I got to hear the chorale sing again (which was great b/c i miss majestic music!), and they even had a free day so we could hang out! we took a trip to sedona while they were here! it was so good to see them!




And, it's MARCH!!! March is what i like to call 'Birthday month!' Not only is it MY birthday, but also the birthdays of MANY of my friends and family! In fact, let me give some birthday shout-outs!

3:Jordan Hird
6: Dustin Ramirez
7: mom
11: heather white
12: me, andrew huff, and kyle martinez
18: morgan hummel and katie-lynn myers
23: jenn porter
26: nowell hardin

Two of those mentioned above, morgan and andrew, are in this next picture and we all celebrated our birthdays together later that weekend!! we ate lunch and went bowling! haha....good times!

Morgan and Andrew, who are getting married in May, got me a fish for my birthday. Granted, it is pretty funny...but i don't get fish. i just don't understand why people think they are cool! but regardless, i now have one. and since they named it...i have decided to love it as my own. and i use that term loosely! hahah! Its name is Bubba. Bubba the beta fish.

Probably my favorite present that i received was a card. My dear friend Beth Pettit and I have a long-running joke about Michael Bolton. We think he is hilarious and we often make fun of him. Seen below is a birthday card photoshopped by Beth in which she has copied my head onto some other woman with michael bolton. It looks SO REAL!! i love it so much! The inside says: "livin' the dream." best present ever.
Here's a picture mom and dad got me! looks perfect in the apartment! thanks!
I really had a wonderful birthday! I had to work the night of it and the night after. I will probably never do that again...but it was okay! I DID get to have a birthday dinner the next evening with my aunt, uncle, and cousin! So that was good! Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes!
The week after my birthday i went to see the broadway musical RENT with my cousins and aunt! It was so fun!!! Any time there is singing on a stage...i'm there and totally into it!
And most RECENTLY....I got to see my bestests this last weekend!! All of my college roomies always get together every year! This year we met up at athena's house (outside of chicago)!! It was SO great to get to talk in person and just hang out together! Her dad got us tickets to see the Blue Man Group! I had seen them in high school once and loved it....but had forgotten just how awesome the show is!! I highly recommend it! Athena is also preparing for her wedding, so it was just wonderful to be able to see her dress, try on bridesmaids dresses, see locations for the wedding and reception, and just be there for her!! Here are some pictures!



We used to have 'dawson's creek' thursdays in college, so before bed every night this weekend we watched dawson's creek! haha......
Well, that's all for now...but MUCH MORE to come in these next few months! I have multiple weddings, camp, and some mini-vacations coming up that i'm very much looking forward to! Hope everyone is well!

No comments: